Office of Foundation Relations
WELCOME TO THE OFFICE OF FOUNDATION RELATIONS!
The Office of Foundation Relations at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is a campus-wide resource for faculty and administrators seeking to advance relationships with national and selected regional private foundations. As each foundation is different, we are here to guide you through their processes and campus processes, as needed.
The Office of Foundation Relations (OFR), under the auspices of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement, is dedicated to securing support from private foundations for the institution’s academic and public engagement programs. The office collaborates with faculty members, campus leaders, and staff to advance partnerships with foundation funders through communications, proposal development, stewardship and other activities.
OFR offers a range of services across all colleges and units.
Our services include:
- Advising strategic approaches to private and corporate foundations
- Helping to convert ideas into fundable projects/programs
- Development of proposals and gift agreements
- Providing information on the history of the University’s relationships with specific foundations
- Arranging campus visits and meetings with foundation representatives
- Targeted dissemination of Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) across the units
- Researching sponsors to identify foundations that align with project goals
- Assessment of unit-specific foundation activities
- Grant/gift reporting
- Working with communications staff across the units on news releases for foundation awards
- Conducting unit-tailored information sessions on foundation opportunities